Corporate Annoyances - Venting....

So... the department I am in has been struggling to be allocated funds for new employees. We FINALLY were approved 2 new positions and are going to post them soon. The only problem was - where will they sit. We have a cube of 4, 2 of our team, and 2 of another team, but same department! When facilities came to look at the space they suggested a remodel of one side of the cube which would take away a cabinet for one of the girls from the other team (no desk space, a cabinet!). Let's call her Sara (not her name).

This morning she was talking to me and joking about how they'd take her cabinet. At that moment I get a call from my manager asking me to stop in. I do and she tells me Sara had immediately gone to her manager, who went to one of the upper management people and cried about how her team would be impacted... wah wah wah. Anyway, now I need to actually move my entire work area (that I've been in since I started 2 years ago), Sara will get mine so she can keep her precious cabinet space.

Now, Sara's team is the same team that was given laptops so they can work from home, while our team was told that hourly people cannot have laptops... It's been frustrating - and still is - how the team Sara is on gets their wishes whenever. They also got to hire 2 people when their workload was going down while our workload was overwhelming and we had to fight long for getting more staff.

What makes me angry isn't so much that I have to move. Whatever, it's annoying but fine. It's that Sara was lying to my face, and the just general unfairness between how the departments are treated. And right now, if any of the upper management looks at my face they see anger.. Can I say something? To my manager, yes. Will it help? Probably not. She's been trying to get me a laptop so I can work from home if needed for a year, but they keep telling her no (it's not a funds issue, we have laptops sitting around because people retired and they aren't being used right now).

Sorry, vent over...

Tine

Archived