How Selfish Can I Be?

cassandra

Ok I know I've posted abit over the last week or so but I need to vent.

In about October last year I met a guy online. We chatted for a few weeks, just about every day things were good. We were even going to meet. It was nice to have someone different to talk to. The he said he 'Loved' me which is when I backed off and told him that nothing could ever happen. He respected my wishes and we still chat occasionaly. Well I was chatting to him today and he was saying how he hates being single and all that. I told him that it can't be that bad. Then he asked how my romantic life was going. I told him that I was confused over someone. And now I feel really mean because he said he had to go just after I started talking about this other guy. I feel really selfish and guilty. I know I shouldn't have said anything. His msn says that he is still online. I really stuffed up didn't I?

Honesty is typically the best policy. But here, you also could have been a wee bit more tactful by not telling everything you know. If an ex asks you about your romantic life, I'd always be a little on guard. I guess I'd be expecting to be hit on again and I may or may not want that, you know? I don't think you fluffed it though, unless you want him back. If you wanted to get him to fly away, you did.

Just my .02 cents. By the way, is this an old college chum?