Why Do I Just Get So Down?

Hey all...

No, nothings seriously wrong but about the topic, I dont know - For some strange reason I just get depressed over nothing at all. In fact I couldnt be better right now, yet I just feel so dead and depressed. Is it normal to all of a sudden, just get depressedover absolutely nothing? I mean here I am, two in the morning, bored, confused, tired and sad for an unexplainable reason. Nope. its not a big issue - I was just wondering if it was normal and if anyone else gets these weird periods of time where you just feel so dull and depressed. Call me plain weird but this happens all the time. I'm guessing it has to be normal if it happens this often.

Thanks for reading...

Normal is very subjective. What is normal for one person may not be normal for another.

Like for instance, I'm an insomniac... I may sleep 5 hours in a week and I would consider that above normal for me. For others who sleep 5 hours every night, only sleeping 5 hours a week would be abnormal for them.

But because being an insomniac makes me feel frustrated, and exhausted during the day and I wanted to get more sleep-- I sought help and now have a prescription to help me sleep more. I'm just not a happy person when I don't sleep... so I sought help because I wanted a change.

As for your depression... if you feel it all the time and you don't want to, maybe you should seek some professional help to find out why you feel down all the time. If feeling depressed is normal for you, and you don't mind it maybe you don't need to find help... but chances are you want a change and want to feel at least a little more happy a little more often... right?

Seek a doctor... there may be a medical condition that needs to be dealt with that is causing your depression.

Millions of people have to deal with depression, so don't feel abnormal or inadequate... everyone goes through emotional ups and down in their life. Be patient with yourself and worry more about what's normal for you... and if you're unhappy with what's normal for you then be brave and seek some help to change your life.

Hope this helps some...

yea i also get like that quite often, recently though i dont' know what i have been doing differently but i can go months at a time that i am fine, and then sometimes i go a week or few depressed. i don't like to let people know, so i either write or draw. if you are ever in that mood and need to talk to someone or what not pm me. its sometimes nice to have a convo with someone when depressed.