liking my best friend

ok well, im in highschool right now and ive been best friends with this guy named matt since we were both in 5th grade. hes been my longest friend and i love him to death. hes always liked me since 5th grade but i never had the type of feelings like that for him until about 1 year ago. we have been acting like boyfriend and girlfriend for about 10 months now. we have soo much chemistry together and i always a good time when im with him. i also feel so comfrable when im with him because not only is he the person i like romantically alot, hes also my best friend. theres just acouple of problems we have-

1. hes really self conscious because hes always had paler skin than everyone else and he thinks hes too good for me

2. he doesnt want to go out with me or have people know about us and i dont know why

3. im not sure if he actully likes me even tho he acts like it and he calls me and wants to hang out alllll the time since we are neighbors

4. sometimes after we are done doing stuff (like kissing or something like that) he'll say, maybe we should just be friends and not do stuff anymore and then he will leave and come back the next day and do stuff with me again and i dont like how he does that...its like hes thinking something else everyday.

can i just have some advice because i really do love him so much and i just need some adivce on the things above. thanks

i was kinda like him. always changing my mind about the girl i liked. but it was because i wasnt sure if the girl liked me back. i dont know for sure why HE is doing this. if ur doing stuff like kissing, he knows u like him, and ur best friends it sounds like you should be together. i dont think its your problem though, he just needs some time to grow up and figure out his feelings for you on his own. (this might take some patience on ur part) hope it works out for u

first off u have to sit him down and have a deep conversation tell him how u feel find out how he feels second if he doesnt really like u like that anymore ...then theres not to much hope to continue becuase it takes two ppl not one if would be better to break it off now then later because later it would just hurt more the thing is if hes not feelin it for ya anymore ...... its hard to get the spark back after someone has that in their head but first off u have to have communication sit him down and talk to him