Help with japanese neighbor who has a very strict mother!!

someguy335

Ok there's this girl that I know up the street that I knew from about 6 years ago. We used to be good friends (we treated her as one of the guys) and then we just grew apart. So I finally built up the courage to call her tonight at 9:20 and when i called her mom answered saying "it was too late for her to talk." I found it odd and she asked what i wanted. I told her "Im just her old friend who lives down the street and i just wanted to talk.." she then became ballistic and said angrily "WHAT DO YOU WANT?" and she hung up.

How should I get ahold of her and what should I do if i call and her mom answers the phone? I dont know if they're really overprotective of her or what. Please help me out!!

It's been six years, you don't know what is going on in her life...parents have house rules, and they need to be respected...if you call at a reasonable time, say 7 or 8 more than likely you won't get your head taken off.

It isn't uncommon for parents to put a "curfew" on the phone at a certain time...it has nothing to do with their nationality. Quite possibly the parents go to bed at 9 due to work the next day...and if that were the case, I can see where at 9:20...it would be considered too late to call.