Family Divorce Papers?

A few 18 year olds have done this thing when they turn 18 where you can be legally "divorced" from your family! The only cases I've really heard of are when famous kids grow up and are mad about their parents spending all their money so they divorce them and cut all ties. Otherwise it's not really necessary. Once you turn 18 you don't have to have anything to do with them anymore if you don't want to.

Emancipation? Isn't that what it is called? Is that what you mean....?

I've heard of some young stars doing it like San123 said, because their parents start taking their money, ripping them off and such. I have known one girl who emancipated herself, she's done pretty well actually. She has great friends and has a house of her own. She's been on her own since she was 16. She has kept a job and is doing really great.

But once you turn 18, you are pretty much on your own anyway, you are an adult. So you can do whatever you want then so there is no point in 'divorcing' your parents.

under*

at 18, your parents have every right to kick your butt to the curb and never support you in any way shape or form again as you have the right to walk away and never speak to them again. You are legally considered an adult (provided you have graduated from High School)

Anything before that...to even have a court CONSIDER allowing you to "divorce" your family...you have to be out on your own, in your OWN home (not living with someone else), supporting yourself, have all your necessities...etc....for a MINIMUM of 6 months.