Reality check

No, nothing else happened. We haven't talked or anything since we exchanged things. I still carry hope we will try again one day...can't wait till the hope is gone...I just don't know if I could try again with someone who dropped me as soon as life got hard. That says a lot. And the only way I would accept his calls is if he is calling to try again. I won't be just a friend..

What happened to all this:

I just hit my breakthrough......why the HELL did I make any of this about ME??

even when he told me he wasnt sure he could be with me....i just should have said "okay, goodbye for now"

Arg....well, if he ever calls, I am definitely going to apologize to him for making this about me.

Yep! I've made a few realizations over the past few days. It wasn't about me, but now that he has decided to bail, it is about me now. Acceptance is a hard pill to swallow. None of what he is dealing with has anything to do with me, but him not wanting to be with me at this time does. If that makes sense...it is what it is. Trying to accept it

None of what he is dealing with has anything to do with me, but him not wanting to be with me at this time does

What a lot of people have been telling you is that that's where you're probably wrong...that's where you're erroneously making it about you. But we have been round the block on this one a few times, haven't we...

Sure, but like I said in another thread, that doesn't mean you have to make any decisions about him right now. Your opinions have been jumping all over the place, which indicates you're not really sure what you think, and there's a pretty good chance they'll change again.

So, you'll probably have more clarity on the whole issue if you just let it lie for a week or two.

Archived