Casual sex friend wanting more?

i'm a little confused as to whether a dear friend of mine whom i was having casual sex with felt hurt that i was having sex with another man, who was friends with the both of us. i told him everything from the beginning and he seemed to be great with it. sometimes i think that our relationship was more than just friendship. he stopped talking to me one day when things were going great and i'm hurt by it, especially since i don't know why. i told him once that i would never love him and i think that was a mistake because it's not true, i could. anyway i just want to know what the signs are that a man wants more than friendship?

I must admit I'm not a bit supporter of this "casual sex" thing. I've always believed you should only sleep with someone if you really love them, but they are just my views on the matter.

I think I'd be hurt too if I was sleeping with someone and they then went and slept with someone else. I think maybe he saw the sleeping with you as a stepping stone to being with you, it's a bit backwards but it can happen that way so perhaps he felt rejected that you only wanted his body and nothing else.

Just a thought.