Classic mistake!

I made the dumbest mistake I could possibly make, and I feel like such a fool. After a night of partying I went to my exes house and tried to kiss him (I know, DUMB).

I also said some stuff about wanting to get back together, 'let me sleep over' etc.etc.

Me and the ex were just getting to a place where we were being civil/friendly, and I honestly started seeing him as a friend and feeling good about our contact (no breadcrumbs, just genuine friendliness).

So I pretty much freaked him out with my behavior. I crossed a line and I feel so stupid

I apologized for my actions the next day, and now he is saying that I crossed the line and that we should not speak for a few weeks. I'm so sad about this. I have been doing a lot of drinking/partying to distract myself, but it's just ruining my life at this point.. I was doing so well with my healing, I don't know if I can take any more setbacks

Any wise words for me?

The feeling of regret it always worse than the hangover! I'm so sorry. I've ha that feeling (more than once unfortunately) there is not much you can do. I think once you have made a succinct, sincere apology, that's it.... I know it's hard because of your relationship status... But you're not the first to do this and won't be that last.

Archived