Ladies, why do you like to play with our heads?

Angelus

They play with different rules. See that's the problem, we are both playing the same game (Relationships) but playing by different rules. So when guys get screwed over by girls they say "What the hell you cheated (The rules)". However, the girls feel just as cheated when guys play by their rules.

Do you understand where I'm coming from here? Bascially the old saying "Men are from Mars, women from Venus" is true. So in answer to your question, I don't believe girls are trying to play mind games with you. They are just doing what they think is correct (which to you seems like mind games).

>okay, here's my 5 cents...

>Sometimes women are not as intuitive as you think. Yes, to a certain extent I play by the rules that I create...in a relationship or whatever. But, I will never claim to know it all.

>As far as messing with your mind, I'll admit to it. Yes, I've done a fair share of playing, but karma is a b$%&h. And, trust me for every game I've played, it gets played back on me.

>I know that for myself, I've dated a few guys that I never should have let go of. They were good to me, and in the end, they will end up with someone who is equally good to them.

>As for me, I have tried to be better about playing games, messing with minds etc. I know it's not nice. But, there are genuinely times that I just don't know what I want from a guy. Or what he wants from me...

Alot of girls do it because they're insucure and they like to test out how guys will react by trying to make them jealous or say/do something they know will get a reaction out of them.

I think most women do this because they've been hurt in the past and they'll do anything to keep a guy or to make him suffer. *Not talking from expierence cos I'm too sweet to mess with guys minds*

I've seen alot of girls play mind tricks to keep men even as far as faking pregnancy to keep a guy! Which I think it's #$%@ed up!

Firstly, I don't think that you should be careful with generalizing. Some men do also like to play games, they are very manipulative and cunning.

My former bf for instance, showed his true colours only eight months into the relationship, when he felt I was hooked and it took me many years to get rid of him. I was so attached to him that I could not leave him. I don't approve manipulation and I am very straight forward and transparent myself.

As to manipulative women, I think that Starkitty is on the right track. Many of my friends who were very sincerely in love when they were younger, got burnt very badly. They were used for sex and were never loved as they deserved to. As a consequence, they now use men.

Men and women look for different things in a relationship : women look for closeness. My impression is that men look for physical closeness, sex. Women who had many relationships and felt betrayed by men, their bfs flirted with other women, were competitive with them, men put them down, used them for sex and as servants to cook for them, clean after them, etc. these women become convinced that all men are bad and that the best way to cope with all this is using men.

Other girls that I know who use men, do it because they saw their fathers abuse their mothers. Or some were sexually molested and they know that they can use sex to manipulate men.

What you have to do is learn to be careful when you meet people of the other sex. A man who offers or flaunts money right away to "buy" you, many times just wants sex only. Men have higher salaries and most women are short of money, so they will fall into that trap. Other men who are more cunning will pretend to be the perfect boyfriend, just to hook you. As to women, I think they use sex as a major tool for manipulating guys.

If you are the kind of guy who always falls for the sexy girls who flirts easily, then there are some chances you will eventually be manipulated. You have to learn to be discerning.