It's very possible. My advice is to say no more about it or you are going to completely take the romance out of the whole situation.

You could also start to make him resentful if you push this too much, and make him wonder if marriage is more important to you than your actual choice of groom.

You've already discussed it - if I were you, I'd say nothing more for six more months. If at the end of that time, everything is going well for you two, then you might gently bring up the subject, let him know he's the one you want, and ask him if he wants to move forward on it. If he's still hesitant, you have your answer.

I agree to back off the subject. In fact, why not focus more on how you feel about just being WITH him and express those feelings to him all that you can? Keep the romance and the mystery alive in your relationship in many different ways. Make him want you, and wonder about you sometimes. There's got to be that little tiny part of his brain thinking you might just possibly get away, or he'll get bored. The man has to think he's in control, that he's taking care of everything, and that you need him. If you make him feel like a man in every way possible, and if he truly loves you, he will propose when he's ready. Plus, what is the thrill in forcing a guy to marry you..... wouldn't you rather him ask on his own accord so you know where his heart really is, instead of pushing it on him, scaring him off, and later on, regretting it?

You'll be fine. Just make him feel like a man and show him with your actions that you would make a great long-term partner. Actions will speak to him louder than any words. But don't mention it again.

I agree, that as time goes on, if you feel like he's never going to ask, then that's when you need to evaluate the pros and cons of the relationship and sit down and have a talk about moving to the next level if you absolutely cannot wait any longer and if the issue of getting married is more important to you than being with him and possibly never being married.

You need to calm down, you have havent even hit the 2 year mark and you are already getting over anxious over marriage. Something sounds a lil suspect. You have plenty of time with this relationship, but for whatever reason you want to get married now. Be patient and enjoy what you have, if you already feel like you are married then why are you hung up on the engagment? Weddings to take plenty of time to plan and you still have plenty of time, so just chill. Your bf will propose when he is ready to do so and you nagging him about it isnt going to make it happen any sooner.

sparkle,

I just want to say that I am sorry for offending you if I did. It was not my intention at all.

I gathered that you were anxious to marry this guy, or you wouldn't be asking about whether or not he's thinking about proposing. It was a cause and effect sort of analogy for me... sorry.

It is impossible for us to know what he is thinking, unfortunately, and you/we can only go by his actions, which were that he said he didn't have enough money for a ring, and then silence. Usually a guy really wants to sweep the woman he loves off her feet with some huge rock because that's what he thinks she wants. So he may be saving, he may not, but the reason I said what I initially said is because, subconsciously, you probably let off hints that you want to get married to him more often than you think you do. And believe me, he knows it. The fact that you are wondering so much about it shows that you really want to get married and usually those feelings flow over into our everyday actions. I think everyone just gathered that, and we just didn't want you to push him away as a result, and get hurt. We were trying to help.

I apologize again.

Hi Sparkle...

If everyone had just answered your last question in your first post "Is it possible he's saving for the ring?"....with just "yes" or "no" answers, I think you would have been disappointed with that too.

No one is trying to tell you how to live your relationship. But for this particular issue, we felt we should stress that it could actually become a problem if you worry about it too much. Believe me, our interest here is that your relationship is a happy one.

I thought the advice I gave directly answered your question and also offered some specific advice on how to handle the issue. If it came accross as judgemental, that wasn't my intention. It's just I've seen too many posts on here from women that are upset their boyfriends won't propose, and usually, these women are talking about the subject with their partners to the point that they are coming off as Bridezilla.

Just want you to avoid that scenario.