soooo nervous about the first kiss

newlife

I am 25 and I have never kissed an guy before. I met this guy like month ago and he really was very interseted, spent a lot of time with me and called everyday. Last Thursay I slept over at his, we slept in the same bed (nothing happned), and he was so kind, kissed me briefly..I was so nervous I cannot remember what I did coz I dont know how to do this. I am so worried that he thinks I am a bad kisser. I like him and I dont want to lose him. Havent seen him since as he goes home on the weekend.

I dont know what to do. Shall I tell him that i have never been kissed if he tries again or what? I cannot stop thinking about it.

Nah, don't tell him that. Keep your secret to yourself for now. Yes, you're a little later than average on learning things like this but so what, it's what makes you YOU. I hope you have no intentions of sleeping with this man any time soon..... because of your inexperience, you may easily be led astray. Do not let that occur. You need to see where his heart is first. So make sure you give it plenty of time and study his actions, not so much his words, okay?

As for the kissing, it might sound corny and obvious but, just make sure you brush your teeth and have nice breath.... that way you'll have the confidence within yourself to know you're doing the best you can. It's not difficult, and it will happen naturally.

Good luck!

Nah, don't tell him that. Keep your secret to yourself for now. Yes, you're a little later than average on learning things like this but so what, it's what makes you YOU. I hope you have no intentions of sleeping with this man any time soon..... because of your inexperience, you may easily be led astray. Do not let that occur. You need to see where his heart is first. So make sure you give it plenty of time and study his actions, not so much his words, okay?

As for the kissing, it might sound corny and obvious but, just make sure you brush your teeth and have nice breath.... that way you'll have the confidence within yourself to know you're doing the best you can. It's not difficult, and it will happen naturally.

Good luck!

Thanks... well I will try to hide it even though I am a very transparent person so I hope he wont notice....

Wow, this is sorta weird -- I had my first kiss at 19, and the same thing happened with me! I was watching a movie with my boyfriend in his bed and at a romantic scene he just sorta leaned over & gave me a kiss. I was soo nervous though & was naiively not expecting it then, so I didn't kiss him back & our teeth actually brushed! The most embarrassing thing ever, lol. I forget exactly what happened, but we just continued on w/watching, sorta forgot about it & I never mentioned anything.

He tried to kiss me again a few days later when we were saying good-bye at the subway station, but I avoided it again, instead letting hyim kiss my cheek. I felt pretty bad after that, but I just didn't feel ready yet..

In any case, we finally kissed about a week later & it really wasn't a big deal. We were a bit off in rhythm at first, but after practice it got a lot better. And after we dated a bit longer and felt more comfortable with each other, we both revealed that we were each other's first kiss! (it was his first time kissing at 23.) So we were both really inexperienced. But we did improve a lot after that - no teeth brushing, or off in rhythm, and we got a feel for what each other likes (long/short kisses, tongue, whatever.) My one piece of advice, being in the same position as you once, would be NOT to stress about it! Just go for it and do whatever feels natural. Tilt your head a bit in the opposite direction his is going in though, open your lips slightly & just brush yours against his. It's really easy..

take care,

lily04