Can't sit still

I've noticed over the last few years that when I do actually have a chance to just chill out and watch tv or a movie or just do nothing I can't sit still, I always have to be doing something. I find that my attention doesnt stay on one thing for a long time. Say for example im sitting watching a program on tv I will go upstairs to my room and not really do anything, come back down, go to the fridge, get a drink or something even when im not thirsy, or go on the internet and look at something, anything so that I am doing something. I can't seem to just sit still and concentrate on one thing! I also find that when I am at work or something I just want to be at home doing nothing, but then when I am doing nothing I want to be at work or doing something, lol. Its so weird I can't explain it. Does anyone else get this restless feeling?

Thanks for any replies.

Have you talked to your doctor including possible ADHD or related issues? Do you also sleep well or have restless dreams? I can relate to the point as my mind wanders and I'm very impatient with slow movies in the beginning. If you have ADHD there are natural supplements like tryptophan and other herbs that can calm your mind. Something you may want to look into if you don't like to take any medication.

Yes, most people I know are like this, and I'd say the vast majority of individuals who have this problem are just victims of modern information overload. We've become conditioned to be doing something at all times. I've had it at times in the past myself. You just need to force yourself to sit still and chill out. Even if you have the urge to get up and do something, force yourself not to. It's really just a way of thinking that may take some time to change.

Archived