Weird question for the females...

tymetoroll

Thanks for taking the time to read this...just a quick question regarding the use of the pill....

Correct me if I am wrong, but when a girl is taking the pill regularly, it is possible for her to control when she gets her period, right? If this is true like I think, is it possible for a girl who has NOT been taking the pill regularly (within the last year or so) to change the schedule of her period. For example, a girl hasn't been taking the pill at all and is expected to get her period withing a week-ten days....is it possible, if she started taking the pill immediately to delay her period?

Yes you are right, she can control her periods with the pill. If rather than taking the sugar pills at the appropriate cycles she just continues to take the next round of contraceptive pills a period can be delayed indefinitely. I don't know that it is a healthy thing to do for long periods of time but certainly many women will skip one cycle from time to time.

The pill CAN alternate your cycle, but you can't 'control' how it changes it. Different women are affected different ways -- you can't just say "I'll skip my period now and get it in 3 weeks"...it doesn't work that way. It also wouldn't delay your next period even if you were to start now. It takes a few MONTHS of taking the pill everyday before your body gets used to it and adjusts your cycle.