nick and i dated for over 2 years and have been broken up for 1. he has a new gf that he doesn't talk very fondly of. he says she's a dumb little druggie that needs to get the stick in her ass removed. we've come close to getting back together in the past year since we've been apart, but never actually made it far enough. we still tell each other "i love u" and such...now he says if he breaks up w/his gf he's gonna want a few months to himself. i understand that, but the thing is i'm sick of waiting for him to make up his figgin mind and now that he had i have to wait again? i don't think so. if we don't get back together very soon, then i want him to leave me alone so that i can get over him and move on. but how do i express this to him? how do i tell him that he doesn't have time and that i'm not going to wait forever? i'm tired of waiting...

i also understand that whoever's reading this may thing that i should give him time, and that's fine, but no offence...i'm not asking that...i'm asking what i need to say to get my point accross

I once had a similar problem that went like this:

I liked this girl while she was going out with someone, we hung out, joked, said the I love yous while she was even going out with this guy. finally the day came when she broke up with him, so as we hung out we got more and more involved but after a bit she seemed to be distant. Always saying, o yeah i call you or well hang out, but we never do. The remedy that cleared up that mess for me was finding someone new to love. It was like a right hook from nowhere but i hardly ever think about the other girl anymore and to tell the truth i dont really think she cares.

You should just tell him how you fell, tell him what you said in that post, That you really wish that something between you and him could have worked out, but you are tired of waiting and feel you should move on. Try and find someone else, i know its hard, but once it happens you will feel great trust me.

Hope i helped you at least a little bit

yeah... seems like he just wants to keep you in a box for himself so to speak... he likes the idea that you feel bad, it makes him feel better.... if you don't put a stop to it he will bounce your feelings around every time he breaks up with a girl......

I don't think that your ex is necessarily trying to make you wait for him. I think that he'll realize that if you start to move on, he'll begin to make his decision sooner. You'll only be doing what's best for yourself and your "relationship" with him. You see, if you're just sitting around waiting for him while he's running around doing whatever he wants, he has the security of knowing he can fall back on you. But that's not even the purpose of a relationship. If you two were truly meant to be together, then he'll get his act together and realize whether you're what he wants or not if you end up moving on. And when you move on, stop contacting him -- it's not your responsibility to beg him to let you back into his view. It's his responsibility to make it up to you since he's the one so unsure of what he wants. When the time comes that you can make the decision of whether you want to get back together or not, then you'll be able to decide at that point in time, but obviously, now, someone isn't ready for it.

Hope this helps somehow.

-Buddy