We barely talk now...

Missy0

Hi all, new here and looking for some advice

My boyfriend and I have been together for just over a year now, and we were friends for about 4 years before we went into a relationship. We are also long distance, but see each other every 1/2 weeks.

I'll try to keep this short. Basically, when we were friends, we'd talk about everything. He was my best friend. I could tell him anything, we'd laugh, support each other... And he could always make me smile no matter what.

When we moved into a relationship things were fine for a number of months, we'd communicate very well. If we ever had a problem we'd talk about it calmly and resolve it. I could tell him anything and he would always support me.

However, for the past month or so our conversations have gone down hill drastically. When I ask him 'how are you?' normally at the start of the day, he replies with "I'm ok" and that's it. His answers, to me seem rather short, and I'm finding it difficult to keep a conversation flowing when he gives me nothing back. He's started to not tell me what goes on throughout his day. Don't get me wrong, I know exciting things don't happen every day, but he just replies with "I've not really done anything today" every single day.

This is really grinding me down. I can feel myself closing up, not wanting to share details of my life or how I'm feeling with him. It's really bothering me, and it's now got to the point where we barely talk, it seems as if we have to reply to each other just for the sake of it, but without any meaning.

I now don't know how to communicate with him, tell him that this is bothering me. I don't feel like I'm part of his life any more.

He tells me he loves me, and how much I mean to him often, and I believe him, as he's never given me any doubt about this, it's just the conversations, or lack of. I've tried to leave a few hours in-between texts/calls, we've both been having days out with our friends seperatly, but nothing seems to have worked. I'm at a total loss.

I know I either have to put up with this, or talk to him, but I don't have a clue what to say.

If anyone has any insight I'd appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived