Great boyfriend...no sex

Am wondering if there is anyone out there who has any advice on my situation.....

I'm a gay male and have been dating someone for the last 7 months. From the second we met, we were inseperable. We are both attracted to one another mentally and physically, share common thoughts and belifs, laugh a lot (same kind of sense of humor), are very affectionate with one another, and on top of it all, we love each other.

The one big problem is the sex. There ain't too much of it. We've had sex over the course of our relationship, but it's been very scarce and a big issue for us. This is his first real serious relationship..prior to this, it was casual relationships, with casual sex. He's confused as to what is wrong. He doesn't know if it's him not being 'sexually' attracted to me, or something more psychological.

We both want this relationship to work, but the sex issue has become a huge problem for us - it ends up effecting everything else...anybody have any advice for me? Anything would be appreciated.

Hi Jasper,

First of all welcome to eNotalone.com and thank you for posting your message here. I am sorry to hear that things in your relationship don't really go as you had them planned yet. I hope that you'll find my reply a little of help.

When it comes to making love, I believe that the persons involved are showing physically how they feel emotionally. thereforeeeeeee I would suggest to find out the emotion that is actually blocking you guys. What exactly do you feel? Fear? Akwardness? Shyness? Not being confident? Trust issue? If you figured that out, it might be a good idea to find out why you actually feel like that? Talk to each other (OUTSIDE THE BEDROOM!!!) about this to one another.

When making love, partners should trust each other completely. If that trust is not there, you will have to find out what the problem to that emotion is.

I hope that this helped you on your way and wish you good luck in your relationship.

~ SwingFox ~