The positives????

feellikeafool

Hey guys i'm trying to keep positive here and trying not to fall into a dark whole...i found wat helps me is looking at the break up and realising that even tho he had the overall say in the break up that its been a good thing for me.

Good why because it made me look at where i went wrong and wat i need to improve in myself...i feel the bad times and know that i dont want to feel those things again.

What positives can u think of?

The positive is he may have done you a favor. If you feel you can grown, then you can. We always can grow. Although I asked my GF if she needed a break, she is the one who said yes. Right now I feel grateful she did that because although it hurt, deep down I knew it needed to happen but I didn't have the balls to say so. It has forced me to stand on my own and not be dependent on her for the strength to get through this situation of mine. In the future, when called upon, I know that I will have the strength to take on much more. I want to be stronger and need to be stronger. I've found myself looking at this way ... if I were left alone here on earth, would I be a survivor and make things happen, would I sit around and feel sorry for myself that everyone is gone, or would I whither away and die from sheer loneliness? I want to be a fighter, and strong. Man or woman, strength is a definite turn-on, so if you're going to do it, do it for yourself. The world can be yours and with that kind of outlook, someone will notice.

great minds think alike...thats my thoughts exactly i think thats y im struggling with grieving...it was his choice..he has done me a favour...i will become a better and stronger person from this...im not gonna let this experience walk by me and not take anything from it...the horrible times we had were so ugly that i owe it to myself to learn from this...i dont want to fall to pieces bcos i might not be able to pick myself up again...does that make sense...but i also know that i shudnt stop my self going thru the natural process of the BU...i feel like if i start crying i might not be able to stop myself

You won't fall to pieces. We all grieve and it is totally ok. I've never heard of some drying to death. You will know when it's time stop, pick yourself up, and get moving. Don't deprive yourself of that time of despair. It's a natural reaction, built in so to speak. It is the natural process of a breakup. I cried all morning. Not because of just the break up, but for all the other things. Then, it just stopped. I even LAUGHED at myself, told me to get my s@#t together, and went on with my day. Crying will give you the strength to move on. The more you hold it in, the more miserable you'll be. When you come to grips with your sadness, the healing will begin. Trust me on this.

You won't fall to pieces. We all grieve and it is totally ok. I've never heard of some drying to death. You will know when it's time stop, pick yourself up, and get moving. Don't deprive yourself of that time of despair. It's a natural reaction, built in so to speak. It is the natural process of a breakup. I cried all morning. Not because of just the break up, but for all the other things. Then, it just stopped. I even LAUGHED at myself, told me to get my s@#t together, and went on with my day. Crying will give you the strength to move on. The more you hold it in, the more miserable you'll be. When you come to grips with your sadness, the healing will begin. Trust me on this.

i knwo ur right but right not i dont think i have the strength for any more sadness and if its a natural reaction surely it will come wen its ready...i dont know...2moros another day...i hope its a beta day for all of us here

I'm not saying force it!! lol

The days will always get better if you let them.

my daughter used to listen to this song...think someone sung it on the uk xfactor....anyway i think its appropriate for right now....Sara Bareilles - Gonna Get Over You...u can find it on youtube

i love the chorus...i'm gonna get over u, i'm gonna be alrite just not tonight...someday

hope u enjoy it as much us i do right now

my daughter used to listen to this song...think someone sung it on the uk xfactor....anyway i think its appropriate for right now....Sara Bareilles - Gonna Get Over You...u can find it on youtube

i love the chorus...i'm gonna get over u, i'm gonna be alrite just not tonight...someday

hope u enjoy it as much us i do right now

I have that on my ipod, and really like that song. Right now I'm only listening to music in small dosses. I can't handle it too much. Little by little I listen to it more, but right now it's more head banging stuff. Doesn't cause me to think as much, lol

I have that on my ipod, and really like that song. Right now I'm only listening to music in small dosses. I can't handle it too much. Little by little I listen to it more, but right now it's more head banging stuff. Doesn't cause me to think as much, lol

lol 'ive never been much into music nor was he. i'm actually finding that its a good distraction for me right now, even my daughters high school musical type rubbish :s

My problem is music was a large part of out relationship together. We always sang together, went to a few concerts .... we always were about music. There are very few songs on the radio that don't remind me of her. So, right now I'm listening to stuff that she didn't particularly care for, that way I don't "bump" into a song that causes me to think about her. Kind of like avoiding any pubs you may have visited with your ex, lol

My problem is music was a large part of out relationship together. We always sang together, went to a few concerts .... we always were about music. There are very few songs on the radio that don't remind me of her. So, right now I'm listening to stuff that she didn't particularly care for, that way I don't "bump" into a song that causes me to think about her. Kind of like avoiding any pubs you may have visited with your ex, lol

yeh avoidance can be difficult...theres so many reminders

Archived