Should I have asked?

Sideways

I'm kind of shy and I started opening up more. Recently it's been with a guy in my classes. I have a bit of a crush on him honestly. Anyway I don't think he's interested, but there are times where I think maybe? At first I thought he was shy too, but now I'm not sure about that either. I was the one who started talking to him. Since that, he and I talk to eachother sometimes in class.

Yesterday I asked him what he was going to do for the break coming up and he had plans. Afterwards though, he talked about wanting to see a movie. I didn't think anything of it, but when I left I wondered if he brought it up because he wanted to see the movie with someone. Should I have asked him out? Not on a date, but just to hang out and see the movie together? Or was that just friendly conversation?

Yeah, just go with it - mention what he mentioned and turn it in to a question eg are you still wanting to see that movie? That's open-ended enough for him to say: yes, are you free...? or he will say: actually, Im going to see it with.. or no, but.. and he might suggest something else - this way you will know for sure he wants to go out with you.

I hope he does and it works out for you too!

Archived