Difficut Situation.....

You need to take some chances. I think that you need to invent a reason to speak to the new girl. You might want to try and talk to her a little while before you break up with the old gf as the new lady may already have a bf.

What you speak to her about is up to you. I think that you could ask directions to something or try to figure out what department she works in and then see her there.

Just smile and maybe she will say hi to you! This may be a momentary thing, so there is not really a reason to break the heart of someone who expects to live with you just to say hello to someone at work.

Adam,

I am in a very very similar situation. My gf and I of 2 years have grown apart and our relationship has dwindled. We are now in an "open relationship". I don't confortable dating other girls and being in some pseudo relationship with someone else, so I am going to break it off this week. It's weird, it won't hurt like other breakups, as I am alreay convinced our relationship died weeks ago (at which point, it did hurt).

There are oodles of young, good looking girls at my office. I've struck up conversations with some of them just by saying hi, and saying "i've seen you around, but never got your name". Since you work at the same company, you already have a common link. Make small talk about work. That's your IN.... take it from there. I took a girl out from work once, but nothing ever came of it. Then I've been with my g/f for the past 2+ years.

As for practicing talking to girls, I am also in the same boat. This is how you overcome it. Talk to as many girls as you can - old, young, unattractive, normal, tall, short, single, married, hot, fat, ugly (maybe not so much the latter 2, but you get the point). It's helped me a bunch

off topic, your screen name e30adam. do you drive an e30 bmw? ignore this if you don't

-d

24y/o, boston MA

edit, i guess you do, after looking at your website.

i have a 90 325is that I am setting up for track use. here are my mods

freshly rebuilt top end

10 pound flywheel (vs 18lb stock)

jc chip

m3 offset control arm bushings

m3 5 lug/brake conversion (coming this winter, parts in garage already)

z3 1.9 liter shifter

poly filled subframe mounts

poly trailing arm mounts

m coupe diff mount

4.10LSD from an m3

removed all a/c components, and all sound deadening

custom gauge pod, deletes the ashtray but maintains the little storage tray

h&r springs

koni adjustable shocks

m3 rear swaybar

air bag delete, now have momo 320mm wheel

schrotch harnesses

i've probably forgot some more....

everyother mechanical system has been rebuilt/renewed. i did all of the work myself.

car has 0 rust and 130k miles. it has never seen snow, salt, or sleet in it's life.

the car is getting new paint soon, then euro elipsoids and Mtech I rear spoiler.

also have an e28 535i daily driver

chipped, 3.73diff, big brakes, lowered, ssk, more. makes the ride to work fun

this is long. sorry for the off topic rant. i love e30s.