anti-depressants

has anyone been on setraline? iv just started takin it although i really didnt want to iv not got a choice im gonna end up killing myself,together with councilling, and was just wonderin and hoping that its worked for anyone?

Hi there,

I have been on anti-depressants before, however, i was on Paxil.

It takes a good month for them to really get into your system and to start "working",but I'm not sure about the ones you're taking. maybe talk to your doctor and ask them when you should start "feeling" the effects of the drug.. So, don't give up just yet, give the meds a chance to do it's thing.

Counselling is also a good step to take, medication will only do so much and maybe in time, you won't need to take it anymore...

Best of luck.

i was on prozac for a little while about 4 months ago cause i hit rock bottom well i thought and had scars all over my wrists and it really helped now i'm off it and don't plan to go down that road again. don't kill yourself you might think of it as the best way out and everything is better now but i had a friend kill herself and it was a very hard time on me and everybody who knew her. so don't put people through that kind of pain. i hoped this helped you.