Your grandma is old probably and is from a generation where bi was not accepted. It is hard to convince people who for ages have a different belief system. And she must have had her belief system for past 50-60 years. It is harder to change the mind set of people who have had different belief system for too long.

So first accept yourself. And then accept the fact that your grandma may never agree to your choice of partners. But thats not going to change the truth for you. So be happy for what you are. I won't worry about her. Its your life. You lead it. No one else should lead it for you.

I loved my grandma very much, and I respected her and tried to make her happy until her final moments.

But here is a short list of things she thought were evil, filthy, disgusting, shameful, wrong and/or sinful:

- Gay men

- Lesbians

- Mothers who work

- Women who work

- Women with short hair

- Ear rings on men

- Skirts above the knee

- Non-Catholics

- Foreigners

- Ethnic minorities

- Democracy

- Sex

- Men doing their own laundry or making the bed

- Cleavage

- Other languages

- Airplanes

See what I mean? Love your grandma but make your own choices about right and wrong.

I loved my grandma very much, and I respected her and tried to make her happy until her final moments.

But here is a short list of things she thought were evil, filthy, disgusting, shameful, wrong and/or sinful:

- Gay men

- Lesbians

- Mothers who work

- Women who work

- Women with short hair

- Ear rings on men

- Skirts above the knee

- Non-Catholics

- Foreigners

- Ethnic minorities

- Democracy

- Sex

- Cleavage

- Other languages

- Airplanes

See what I mean? Love your grandma but make your own choices about right and wrong.

haha, exactly. I don't think I'm coming out to my grandmother for the same reasons. plus she got suckered into that "all gay men are pedophiles" bull crap. I guess all straight guys are saints to her then.

- Gay men

- Lesbians

- Mothers who work

- Women who work

- Women with short hair

- Ear rings on men

- Skirts above the knee

- Non-Catholics

- Foreigners

- Ethnic minorities

- Democracy

- Sex

- Cleavage

- Other languages

- Airplanes

+1.

What she believes about says a lot of negative stuff about her beliefs, and nothing about you as a person.

Archived