I've been grounded and cannot see my boyfriend

so... i've been grounded since the beginning of the summer & i've only seen my Boyfriend once since then.... well, he's going off to Canada soon & i'm not gonna get to see him before he leaves. It's really not that serious of a relationship, but he makes me happy & i haven't been happy in quite a while, but he doesn't deserve to be in a relationship where he can't see his girlfriend, especially since it was just meant to be fun & not all serious & whatever. I konw that the right thing to do would be to break up eith him & to stop being so sefl-concerned. But we have gotte na bit more serious than either of us had planned on & he doesn't want to. I think that it's time to just let go, but I guess that i've been giving mixed signals 'cause part of me doesn't want to let go... & now I'm rambling(sp?). I just want to let him off as easy as possible & he wont let me.

i don't see y you have to break up with him just because he is going on vacation or whatever for a bit. if he makes you happy still and he is happy too and you guys don't want it to be serious it doesn't need to be. i don't believe you have to break up with someone just cuz they will be gone for awhile. my b/f wanted to do that in the past but there is no logical reason unless it was just time to let go. ask him about it. ask him if he wants to or if he is not happy or how he feels about the relationship. even though you can't talk face to face over the phone or online might help to figure out how to go about all this.

I know what you mean, Ember. My bf is moving to another state for college and I'm afraid of facing the future... whether to call it quits now or to live it out until we HAVE to break up. I guess you could say that we are in the same boat. I mean, I work and go to summer classes everyday and only get to see him on the weekends because of time constraints yet we are happy and chillin when we're together. But you know, don't just break up with him if he's just going to be gone for a short period of time. But do analyze your relationship -- if there is anyone else that sparks your interest or you may become involved with in the future, don't lead your bf on. It's not fair to you and it won't be fair to him. But if the both of you are happy together, then take that to its full advantage and enjoy it. I hope that makes sense.