What should i do??????

ARIANAX

Hello World,

A friend of mine is broken up with her boyfriend of 12 years. He still lives in the house but SHE has told him to his face that they are no longer an item. She has a high school friend whom she has recently reconnected with on facebook. I was in the house with her and the ex was upstairs. She steps outside and assumed I did as well. He starts talking to his guy friend who is upstairs with him about my friend. Everyone knows that she broke up with him and he just hasn't left with. And, he has been terrible to her and can't leave yet. He tells his friend stuff like "she is a b word and is cheating on me", "this is so disrespectful" and lots of other derogatory statements about her. He still doesn't know that I heard so should I tell her or not???

Thanks In Advance,

Ariana

Sure, why not tell her, though I doubt she'd really care at all. Doesn't seem like he said much that most people who have a bad breakup don't say. Plus, you don't know their relationship as well as the two of them do despite what she's told you - you probably just know her version. Who knows, he could be telling the truth.

Just doesn't seem like you're sitting on any potential bombshell to me.

Sure, why not tell her, though I doubt she'd really care at all. Doesn't seem like he said much that most people who have a bad breakup don't say. Plus, you don't know their relationship as well as the two of them do despite what she's told you - you probably just know her version. Who knows, he could be telling the truth.

Just doesn't seem like you're sitting on any potential bombshell to me.

My thoughts exactly. Were you there when she told him they were over ( I doubt you were)? From his point of view, they were in a committed twelve year relationship, and suddenly, she took up with an old high school friend. She started this thing while she was still with her bf. Plus, is the house/apartment technically hers? Perhaps she's the one who should be leaving. Just a thought.

My thoughts exactly. Were you there when she told him they were over ( I doubt you were)? From his point of view, they were in a committed twelve year relationship, and suddenly, she took up with an old high school friend. She started this thing while she was still with her bf. Plus, is the house/apartment technically hers? Perhaps she's the one who should be leaving. Just a thought.

Actually, I was there both times she explained that they were breaking up because she thought he would be less likely to become physical. She began talking to her high school friend after she had told him time and time again that it was over and he needs to leave asap. He has been physically violent with her and she is disabled. Yes the apartment is under her name not his. Lastly, I have known both of them the same amount of time and he has very poor character, not just in my opinion but according to others who grew up with him. Thanks everyone for your advice.

Archived