How long should it take?

Alright so I'm 19, and currently in college, so I'm just now entering the job force.

I applied to more than 20 places around my area, and got a call back from my local Toys R Us.

I interviewed on this past Thursday, and it went really really well! I know I aced it.

The manager and I really got along..we even got off topic and started talking about our interests we had in common. lol it was really relaxed.

I felt like I should've got the job that day!

But after we wrapped up with all the interview stuff, she told me that I would get a call by this Tuesday on whether or not I got the job.

Well it's Monday, and I haven't received a call. So now I'm getting worried..I thought for sure I had the job in the bag, especially after seeing the other people applying there. (no offense lol)

The reason I'm worried is because everyone is telling me that after an interview, if the people are interested, you usually would get a call back that same day or the day after.

Sooo for those that have job experience...and I'm not talking like, career type experience, I mean just part time job kinda experience...how long does it usually take for an employer to call the applicants back?

Should I call back after Tuesday if the manager hasn't called me about my status? Would that seem annoying/desperate?

Thanks for anyones advice

The reason I'm worried is because everyone is telling me that after an interview, if the people are interested, you usually would get a call back that same day or the day after.

this is certainly not set in stone. u got the job, be patient!

Archived