the urge to cry...

-Sanguine-

Why do you feel the need to cry D?

Often when I have to talk to my boyfriend about something that's been bothering me, I just start crying. He really doesn't do well with tears, so it makes the conversation go not how I really want. I want to be able to tell him how I feel without crying. Because really, what I have to say isn't something that should make me cry usually. It's quite ridiculous. It really makes the conversation a lot more dramatic than I intend, it gets blown out of proportion.

Not only with my boyfriend, but just two night ago I was chatting with my mom about my future expenses and how she was going to help me out cause I couldn't afford my credit card bill and I just felt really overwhelmed and I started to cry. I wasn't sad. I was just stressed and that's how I deal with it, I guess.

I just need help on how to control this because it doesn't seem normal to me.

Are you dealing with the issues that are really bothering you? It seems you cry and you feel like it will not resolve things and so you cry but don't actually find solutions for the problems.

Have you thought about writing these things down in a journal or something of that sort?

You seem like a very emotional person and there is nothing wrong with that but it is not normal in my opinion to cry in every situation. I know crying can be a tress reliever and it is good to release all those emotions but how will you deal with the issues of you can't deal them with rationally without the tears?

Are you dealing with the issues that are really bothering you? It seems you cry and you feel like it will not resolve things and so you cry but don't actually find solutions for the problems.

Have you thought about writing these things down in a journal or something of that sort?

You seem like a very emotional person and there is nothing wrong with that but it is not normal in my opinion to cry in every situation. I know crying can be a tress reliever and it is good to release all those emotions but how will you deal with the issues of you can't deal them with rationally without the tears?

I know. You are right, it's not okay. to cry in most situations. I have gotten better at holding it back. I was just looking for any tips to help.

I have no idea if this would work, but maybe you could purposely cry when it is safe to (even if you don't have a total urge to right then). Seems like you may have a certain amount of ... I don't know what you call it... that you just have to release every so often. Do it at a safe time and then when something comes up you won't have so much pent-up emotionsanymore to let out all at once.

Then you'd get the therepeutic effects of crying without anyone having to know.

I have no idea if this would work, but maybe you could purposely cry when it is safe to (even if you don't have a total urge to right then). Seems like you may have a certain amount of ... I don't know what you call it... that you just have to release every so often. Do it at a safe time and then when something comes up you won't have so much pent-up emotionsanymore to let out all at once.

Then you'd get the therepeutic effects of crying without anyone having to know.

Worth a try, thanks!

Archived