Shy boy- please talk to meee!

ay0_x

Hey all (=

There's a really cute guy in my maths class. He seems pretty shy and softspoken (I dont think ive EVER heard him speak aha); whereas I'm the clown in class who's constantly calling out answers/showing off.

Anyway, he was talking to one of my guy friends, & he asked him if we were related. And then told my guy friend that he thought I was really cute.

Sooo today, he was sitting in the library with a girl I know and I went and sat on the same table, but a few seats away. When I sat down he looked absolutely terrified/mortified so needless to say we didnt get to talking!

What's the best way to approach? I don't want to come off as creepy and I do noooot want to intimidate him. I'd love answers from the shy-er guys out there especially!

I think the problem might be in the what you said in first line. Try to wait for "natural" opportunity and then speak to him. Even just a small talk, it will help him build confidence around you. When it comes to shy guys, you always have to take small steps..

This same thing happened to me when i was in my 18's, one girl that liked me (and i liked her - A LOT) approached me when i didnt except it and i kinda freaked out... she didnt approach me second time. It is what of things in my life i really regret.

Rubbing his back! Nooo I do not want the guy to literally run!

I think the problem might be in the what you said in first line. Try to wait for "natural" opportunity and then speak to him. Even just a small talk, it will help him build confidence around you. When it comes to shy guys, you always have to take small steps..

This same thing happened to me when i was in my 18's, one girl that liked me (and i liked her - A LOT) approached me when i didnt except it and i kinda freaked out... she didnt approach me second time. It is what of things in my life i really regret.

Aha I tried to make it as natural as can be, I didnt sit too close or anything, but I think he got the vibe that I had heard what he'd said through my friend, and gotten a bit panicky.

Does this guy's friend also know how YOU feel about him?

Well, it's my friend that he had the conversation with. He asked if we were brother and sister (we're the same ethnicity) and then just said he thought I was pretty attractive. My friend didn't say anything because he didnt know if the guy was my type (he is). My friend wants to be my wingman (haha I feel like such a guy saying that) but I'd rather do it on my own.

I'm scared he'll feel defensive, kind of like "Ugh he told her, crap .. act cool act cool" so I want to know the best way to approach him without making him think "Hi my friend said you thought i was cute and I would never have spoken to you otherwise" or something.

Edit: as you can all see, I'm totally cool with making the first move. So long as he doesnt think I'm out of it. Are there any shy guys out there who'd prefer the girl DIDNT make the first move?

I was fairly shy back in high school. If a girl I really liked sat next to me, it would have made me nervous. But if she had just straight asked me out (or offered me a back rub), I would have been elated. It's the not knowing that causes the nervousness, I think.

Well, it's my friend that he had the conversation with. He asked if we were brother and sister (we're the same ethnicity) and then just said he thought I was pretty attractive. My friend didn't say anything because he didnt know if the guy was my type (he is). My friend wants to be my wingman (haha I feel like such a guy saying that) but I'd rather do it on my own.

Same ethnicity? lol that's interesting Are you asian or something?

I think you totally should let him be yout wingman.Let him arrange a hanging out.You him and your crush.Or throw a party inviting lots of people including you and your crush.And you can have a nature chance to talk to him

Same ethnicity? lol that's interesting Are you asian or something?

I think you totally should let him be yout wingman.Let him arrange a hanging out.You him and your crush.Or throw a party inviting lots of people including you and your crush.And you can have a nature chance to talk to him

Um lol? I'm Iraqi.

And actually, the wingman thing is starting to sound more plausible.

You sound upbeat and have an outgoing personality, it's probably what's causing him to be intimidated or shy around you.

My ex g/f from when I was 19 approached me one day out of the blue. It was a bit frightening and confusing at first. That broke the ice quickly though!

Rubbing his back! Nooo I do not want the guy to literally run!

Aha I tried to make it as natural as can be, I didnt sit too close or anything, but I think he got the vibe that I had heard what he'd said through my friend, and gotten a bit panicky.

Facts the he get "panicky" shows he probably likes you too. I was exactly the same way.

Do you have his phone number/mail? Maybe that would work for introduction part.

Just make sure you give him as much time as he needs. He'll eventually come out of his shell.

Facts the he get "panicky" shows he probably likes you too. I was exactly the same way.

Do you have his phone number/mail? Maybe that would work for introduction part.

Just make sure you give him as much time as he needs. He'll eventually come out of his shell.

No ! I don't even know his last name. I did however attempt to facebook-stalk and had no luck though lol.

I have time a-plenty, I just have no idea how to respond to shy guys. I've always thought I'd be more compatible with a shy guy (opposites attract!) but this has alas remained a theory for me.

Archived