saw my ex for the first time in about five months now.

After some persuasion from friends, I decided to attend a party where I knew the ex was going to attend.

the hardest party was just walking through the doors; however, the rest of the night was easy. seeing my ex was ok. brought ease to heart that we were both able to be at the same place without making any of our friends awkward. didn't do a lot of one-on-one talking, but sat next to each other around the fire. it just felt comfortable.

i got back home, and he sent me an e-mail "it was really good to see you, thank you for coming out."

and i know deep in my heart, that he's ready to be friends, but i'm not. deep down, i wish for that hope. how do i respond. or do i respond?

did you think it was nice to be around the fire? around him? you mentioned it was comfortable. say what you feel. perhaps i should ask, what is holding you back from responding and saying it was pretty comfortable being around the fire...

besides he didn't say anything in the email about him being ready to be friends, he just said it was nice seeing you. was it nice to see him?

i got back home, and he sent me an e-mail "it was really good to see you, thank you for coming out."

and i know deep in my heart, that he's ready to be friends, but i'm not. deep down, i wish for that hope. how do i respond. or do i respond?

As far as I'm concerned, he didn't ask you a question so you don't have to respond. And DON'T feel guilty over it.

If you're not ready then you're not ready so your healing comes first. Go back to NC and remember that the next time you see him you will have moved on that little bit more.

yes, it felt comfortable but all at the same time - the hurt resurfaced but i kept my composure.

i don't need to make him feel bad about his decision. i did reply that it was good to see him too.

then he e-mailed me some really funny e-mail. it just made me even sadder because that's an example of him being ready to be friends. i still would like for more...

and i had vowed that i wouldn't care about his feelings, but i guess when one loves, hurting that person doesn't come easy... sigh.

Archived