about tampons........for the gurlz

First of all, know that it is impossible to put it in too far. Did it hurt the small of your backthe whole time it was in or just when you put it in?

I know this might sound gross, but I found that when my period is light. it hurts a tad to put a tampon in or take it out.

I have been using those things for a while now so I hope my advice can help ya out a bit. I have found that when I put one in on the first day my period comes, it hurts a lot. Soooooooo I usually use pads on the first day. Then on the second day, have a nice warm and relaxing shower to help my muscles down stairs relax. I usually sit on the very edge of my bed and lean right back when inserting the tampon - otherwise I find it hurts me when I insert it. Its best if you twist it as you insert it in and try pushing towards your back. if it hurts, you are probably not pushing it in the right direction gently and carefully enough, and you are probably using too thick a tampon (always use the smallest and silkeiest ones!)

OK, when you insert it, yes it does hurt a little bit, and when you arent used to them, you can tense up and it hurts EVEN MORE, so its best to stop and try again or sometimes leaning farther back against your bed helps. Make sure you push it RIGHT UP - otherwise it will hurt once you stand up becuase it isnt inserted properly. If you can feel it still after a few minutes of standing and walking around, it means that it isnt up enought and possibly at an uncomfortable position. Just lean back on your bed again and fix it.

Hope that helps - hopefully it wasnt too graphic for you. Tampons are kinda gross, and no matter how convenient they are, you CAN always go back to pads until you are ready to try tampons again.