I can't believe I used to be mean to my grandma.

Apparently, when I was little, I would play with my grandma and i'd always yell at her. I feel so bad! She has always been the sweetest grandma ever She's fine with it, because I was little, but to me its unacceptable! Now, of course I could never imagine being mean to her, because she's just so sweet, but back when I was a kid, what was I thinking?! She NEVER did anything to deserve that!

you shouldnt feel so bad. It was when you were younger..a lot of young kids act like that not even knowing why or who they are acting that way with.A childs mind isn't developed enough to understand. If the way you treat her is with respect now, and you feel ok with how you treat her, and she is ok with how you treat her, and you have a great relationship..then i wouldnt think so much in the past. Im sure she knows, and understands. I wouldn't think so much about it

I still remember telling my dad, when I was about 10 or 12, 'Gee, you really got fat.'

Never thought about it til ten years later when he told me how much I had hurt his feelings.

HE was dysfunctional. A rational adult would know better, and know that kids simply don't realize what they are doing.

If you want to feel better, and want your grandma to feel better, go tell her what you have just discovered. She will be thrilled to see you've learned this.

When I was 5 I was with my mom at a neighborhood gathering. My mom was talking to two of our neighbors, one of which I had overheard her saying that she did not like her. So I walk up to all three and I say; "Mommy, why are you talking to her? You said you don't like her!" To this day I can still recall my moms nervous laugh after I said that.

Archived