Steam room wierdness

Okay, so I have been back in the gym since the end of Feb and I'm loving every bit of it.

The one thing I do enjoy is spending time in the wet steam room. The gym that I go to is predominately asian and I have noticed that in the steam room, these ladies will eat fruit and then rub their arms and legs with the rinds from the oranges or grapefruits that they have just eaten.

Now I'm wondering, have you ever seen someone eat fruit in the steamroom and does rubbing citrus rinds on the body promote anything like clear skin or something?

I just can't imagine eating in there as there must be a ton of bacteria, to me it's like eating in the bathroom, plus it's freaking HOT in there.

So.......??

I don't see the unsanitary aspect. There are feet and @ss in the room. Orange peels are the least of my concern in wet saunas. But, to answer the original question: orange peels are used in many spas for a variety of reason, from skin toning to natural mosquito repellants. Seriously, anywhere you are in a warm, moist environment, fruit should be the last thing on your mind.

I don't see the unsanitary aspect. There are feet and @ss in the room. Orange peels are the least of my concern in wet saunas. But, to answer the original question: orange peels are used in many spas for a variety of reason, from skin toning to natural mosquito repellants. Seriously, anywhere you are in a warm, moist environment, fruit should be the last thing on your mind.

it's the fact that THEY're eating those fruits.... in that environment.

Lmao..I can just see you looking at them like "

I'm not certain why exactly they're doing it..but like someone mentioned oranges have oil in the rind..if you squeeze one you will see the oil seep out of the 'pores' and I know that oil is supposed to be really good for your skin..so perhaps that is the reason. I'm so blunt, I wouldn't be able to not ask..haha. I'm sure they won't mind sharing their beauty tips.

Archived