Should we have kissed? We're 12 years old.

My name is Jane, I am 12 years old and i have a boyfriend who i am totally in love with. We can almost read eachother's minds and everyone says that we're the perfect couple. In my grade at school there are probably 6 couples (my grade only has 72 kids) and the relationships move pretty slowly, even after dating for 8 months couples had never kissed. After dating for 6 weeks my boyfriend and I kissed, we were pretty ready for it and it wasn't making out, just a few little kisses. The news instantly traveled around the entire grade at school and people made a huge deal out of it. Some kids even told their parents and now some of the parents think i'm a little slut. I told my parents and they think its totally normal and they don't care at all. I love him and i want to keep kissing him but i wish the kids at school could just accept this. Should we keep on kissing?

You can't always live your life by another person's standard. I believe that if YOU and your partner are ready to kiss you should. Don't live your life on what other people are going to say because eventually it makes you miserable...I should know I've done it forever, and in the end the people who just don't care end up being happier.

I was wondering the same thing...how did the kids find out? He must have told some people...not too cool of him.

Anyway, kissing is sooo normal. The way you protect your rep is 1) tell you bf to never kiss and tell 2) if you break up with him ever, don't kiss the next guy for a long time and 3) let this little storm pass over and as everyone gets a little older (like 1 year older LOL) they'll be kissing too, I promise.