How do you break up?

I broke up with a guy after 3 years of a long-term relatoinship. It was mainly over money issues and trust issues on my part. I'm doing it really slowly. I told him that I wanted to separate; he told me he didn't want to. I don't want to either. But at the same time I think it is best. I don't want a bitter break up. But I feel like the realization is just beginning to sink in that I will have to tell him good bye. And I will break down. I don't want my heart to break. And there are so many issues: we own a car together, we have a dog together, who we both love. I can't imagine if you put kids into the equation. What options do I have? And to make matters worse is it is my parents who are telling me to break up with him. He looks at me and tells me he loves me, and I can't stop myself from telling him that I love him. But I can't love him anymore. My life has taken a dramatic turn for the worse, especially on financial issues. It's our fault, not really his. But he's the worst thing for me.

If he's the worst thing for you then maybe (not to be mean) you're the worst thing for him also. Take a chance & break up. If he really cares enough about you he'll be there if you change your mind. good luck! Ciao

When someone breaks their arm, the doctor , when re-aligning the broken limb does it in a quick fluid manner.

This is what I suggest you do. The more you delay , the more painful it will be in the long run.

But, before you decide to take this step, think long and hard.

Make a list of the pro's and con's.