How to get her number

There is this girl that i am starting to like. I don't know her that well but i really want to get to know her. The only problem is that i the only time i see her during the day is between classes(passing period is 5min). Every time i pass her in the hall all we do is smile and wave to eachother. I want to get her phone number but i'm not sure how to ask. I've never asked a girl for a phone number before and i don't want to screw up while doing it. Whats a good way to ask her for her phone number? If i do get her phone number how should i start a phone conversation with her?

First of all, this is something you ask your buddy. You need self-worth and confedence, which I am asuming you lack because you posted your problem (not an attack, I am getting somewhere with this! I promise). It is as easy as asking her for her phone number... no special way, just when you see her say "Hey, by the way, I'd love to call you sometime". If she says no, there are other fish in the sea, plus you sound young. If she says yes, then get some fricken self-worth because NOONE wants to be friends with someone that hates themselves, unless they hate themselves, too. Plus, from my experience, women don't like to think you have emotinal problems... They'll say they do, but if they did, they would start dating women. So I guess what I am saying is be a man. I hope this has been helpful. (On the phone, talk about her! dislikes/likes/hobbies/parents/blah blah blah. Don't open up to her yet! Reveal one thing about yourself and make it seem like you didn't mean to.) Good Luck!