You ever have like...

ckev09

A writer's block? In that you got all this stuff you wanna say and vent about, but can't put it into words? I'll be honest, I have a tendency, and it could be ocd or something like that, in which I will post on a message board, talking about the same thing over and over, whatever it might be that's bothering me. I guess it's out of boredom. In other words, if I had something more productive, I would be doing that. Everything feels like an escape, as I said before. An escape from the unhappyness and feelings of emptiness in my own life.

ckev,

I totally understand where you are coming from!! I have a hard time expressing my feelings sometimes so I tend to write a lot. However form time to time I am feeling like I can't even being to write down everything I am feeling. Its like all the words get mushed in or something like that.

When this happens to me I try to focus as much as possible on the primary emotion that I am feeling and I write the single word down. I follow that up with random word association. I write down whatever words come to mind at that time...it can be anything. Once I do that then I take a look at what I have and I generally have a lot of words that relate to how I am feeling.

After that i find my head is a little clearer and I can at least write something down.

I get this, I love writing too, I'm always writing, I have a little moleskin that I write in when I get like this, even if what you write is complete BS and makes no sense, write it down, it relieves the feelings and can make you feel a little more at ease. Then when you read it over again maybe you'll even find some enlightenment on the situation. As Fitzgerald said: Genius is the ability to put into effect what is on your mind.

A writer's block? In that you got all this stuff you wanna say and vent about, but can't put it into words? I'll be honest, I have a tendency, and it could be ocd or something like that, in which I will post on a message board, talking about the same thing over and over, whatever it might be that's bothering me. I guess it's out of boredom. In other words, if I had something more productive, I would be doing that. Everything feels like an escape, as I said before. An escape from the unhappyness and feelings of emptiness in my own life.

This could be an interesting discussion ^_^

I recognize this behaviour as I do the same. There is something you want to talk about and you just *have* to share your thoughts with other people. Somehow I think it's because this is a forum where people are interested in the discussions. Interest that outsiders wouldn't always have.

Most of time however, we post because we simply want advice or other insightfull thoughts. The reasons why people post can variate alot. It goes from rightfull advice seeking to pure egotripping.

ENA is also a site where people with problems come. So it's normal you are here, posting stuff, when you have unhappy feelings. I remember a post not long where someone asked why there was so much negativity on ENA. Well it wouldn't exist without the negativity since it's all about that. So I think your posts aren't completely useless. If you would be more productive and not on ENA, it could be a positive sign ! A first step towards a healthy life =)

Sometimes they help other people to understand that they are not alone, but that there are people like them with similar problems. A bit harsh to say that we feel good about the fact that others feel bad huh ? But the good thing is that you can gain insight about how they solve their problems.

As for myself, I was thinking about taking a break here since all the negativity is sometimes counterproductive for me. It makes me reflect on alot of stuff I wouldn't have think about. Reflecting about problems can be a very painfull activity !

When I re-read some of my own posts I always ask myself: Did it really contribute to SOMETHING other then pure complaining ? There are days where the answer is: "no".

Op, is there also anything else you'd like to try to put in words ? I ask because you posted this in the dating section ^_^

I get this, I love writing too, I'm always writing, I have a little moleskin that I write in when I get like this, even if what you write is complete BS and makes no sense, write it down, it relieves the feelings and can make you feel a little more at ease. Then when you read it over again maybe you'll even find some enlightenment on the situation. As Fitzgerald said: Genius is the ability to put into effect what is on your mind.

I'm with you on that ! I often find the answer to my own problems and questions while writing a new post. I've deleted alot of my own topics before posting them when I realised that I already knew what it was all about.

A good advice for people would be to write a letter to yourself. Just to get the feelings off your chest. I do this alot. Then, just like you said, read it for yourself and you'll eventually gain insight on the situation.

Archived