Please Help

Bricva

I currently for the past 4 1/2 months have been questioning myself to death about my current relationship. A year and a half ago I was close to getting married to a girl I had dated for 3 1/2 years in and out of college and she dumped me out of nowhere. She was very pressuring from the get go and I loved her so i went with it. She was pushing me to propose and I held off and finally when I was getting close to actually doing it she hit me with a bomb. I bounced back real quick and had several fun filled happy months. I partied and looked for girls and never slowed down or let the hurt get the best of me. After about 8 months or so I met my current girlfriend and we hit it off. She is unbelievable. I've never had more in common with any other girl. She is not pressuring, ulinke my old girlfriend, and we have the same interests. Everything was awesome the first couple of months. One morning I woke up and had a dream she left me and since then I have suffered major depression and have numbed my feeling to her and really towards everything. She is a wonderful person and my ideal girlfriend. Everything was perfect before. Is it possible to get things back? I'm on Wellbutrin and feeling pretty helpless. I've heard about repressed emothions and guarding your heart. It's broken me and I'm burned out on thinking about it. I just don't want to lose this great girl. I hate my feelings for her have changed without me wanting them to. I have more fun when I'm with her but question everything when I'm not with her. The past two days have been pretty rough. I'm in a dark place please help. I keep on feeling like I should just dump her. I don't think that's the answer though. I def don't want to do to her what I had done to me.

Well, I'd look at the dream not as a sign that she'll dump you, but that you're afraid of it happening again. So, trying to fix the root of the problem, dumping her isn't going to solve it. It'll merely intensify this fear that you won't have a lasting relationship.

Maybe you need to talk to her, and let her know how you're feeling. Let her know you're afraid of losing her, and why. Maybe she'll set your mind at ease.

Archived