I honestly dont know what to do with myself.

So im 19 nearly 20, and left school 3 years ago.

I went to college for 2 years but then quit because i didnt like the subject i was studying in the end.

I spent a year working but then lost my job at the start of this year.

Since then, i havent found a job and have been job hunting every week.

Ive had a fair few interviews, but no job offes yet.

I applied to go to colleg again but didnt get accepted. And when i really thought about it anyway i realised that still really wasnt the thing i wanted to study anyway.

Ive now applied to college for another subject. They said they would call me soon for an interview to see if i would get in.

Heres the thing. I got a call this morning from the college i didnt get accepted for saying that they would now like to accept me if i was still interested.

I obviously said no seing as i have applied for somewhere different.

But now my parents are going crazy at me saying im useless and im never going to get anywhere in m,y life, and that i should have accepted.

Its really upsetting, but im stil young and dont know what i want to do with my life.

All my mum keeps saying to me is you're lazy and need a job so that i can get som money to help pay te bills. Of course i want a job to help pay for things, but i just cant find a job at all!!

Im scared to talk to them about it because they just shout and scream at me everytime i mention college or work.

Im just really, really upset about the whole thing and dont know what to do..

Thanks for reading if you did.

How are you planning on paying for school if you do accept their offer? If you are not interested in that study then don't waste your time or your money or you will end up dropping out anyway. Figure out what you really are interested in and then try to apply for school.

Here in Scotland, we get out fees paid for. And we also get a college Bursary.

Its really not what i want to do anymore, but my parents (especially my mum) just dont understand, and wont give me the time to at least explain.

Man, you should def go to school if it's free! Here in the U.S they charge you an arm and a leg for it! You guys are lucky!!

Well, what are you going to do? I understand every parents worry about the future of their children. You are not that young in my opinion, and by now you should have somewhat of a direction as to what you want to do with your life and your career path. Sorry to be blunt, but just my two cents.

Man, you should def go to school if it's free! Here in the U.S they charge you an arm and a leg for it! You guys are lucky!!

Well, what are you going to do? I understand every parents worry about the future of their children. You are not that young in my opinion, and by now you should have somewhat of a direction as to what you want to do with your life and your career path. Sorry to be blunt, but just my two cents.

Ive done/thought about that many courses. But i just dont have the qualifications to get in to some of the ones i want to.

The college course i have applied for now (they havent got back to me for an interview quite yet) may help me get these qualifications that i need.

So hopefully i get in.

And i know im getting older, i know people my own age who are just finishing college and off into the big bad world getting a real job. I just lowers my confidence knowing that i dont seem to be going anywhere in my life.

Things arent going exactly great in my personal life either.

But thanks for the comments guys.

If it's any consolation, you're a few months younger than me and I have zero prospect. Zero social skills. Zero job experience. Didn't even consider college. Bad attitude. I will be amazed if I end up in a normal life...but I'm still keepin it real, word life. You should be chillin too even if you have your doubts. Can't be all that bad, eh?? ^_^

If it's any consolation, you're a few months younger than me and I have zero prospect. Zero social skills. Zero job experience. Didn't even consider college. Bad attitude. I will be amazed if I end up in a normal life...but I'm still keepin it real, word life. You should be chillin too even if you have your doubts. Can't be all that bad, eh?? ^_^

lol. Well its good to know im not the only one.

I do got out with friends. i have a social life.

But i want a good future...College seem to be the only way to get that. for me anyway

Here in Scotland, we get out fees paid for. And we also get a college Bursary.

Its really not what i want to do anymore, but my parents (especially my mum) just dont understand, and wont give me the time to at least explain.

Don;t go study a field that you are not interested in! That is crazy..

Your heart will not be in it, and then when you get out in workplace, you will be bored or frustrated as heck!

Do what your heart desires.. maybe try volunteering to see WHAT your heart desires..

To not know what you want to do with rest of your life at 20.. not untypical at all!

Archived