Unemployment is not paying up

NatNat

As most of you know my fiancee is unemployed and he is currently on unemployment and there has been a few times where they arent giving him the money he is claiminig for his weeks. I have heard of this happening to others. Why are these people doing this to us? Its messing with our lives not being able to pay for bills because the gov does not pay him.

He has tried several times to call in to talk to someone but there lines are always busy. He has also emailed and it said they will call him with in 5 business days but never do.

His cell phone bill has gone up 40$ because he is constentally calling them but cant get through...its a loose loose situation.

Any suggestions????

it's a nifty little stealth tax on the poor they have there... those phone lines should be free.

It's not as uncommon as we'd like to hope. It happens everywhere, multiple countries accross the world. There was even a case where in the UK they didn't pay them the housing allowance and because of that they missed their rent payments and were evicted by the local Council.

Madness.

As most of you know my fiancee is unemployed and he is currently on unemployment and there has been a few times where they arent giving him the money he is claiminig for his weeks. I have heard of this happening to others. Why are these people doing this to us? Its messing with our lives not being able to pay for bills because the gov does not pay him.

He has tried several times to call in to talk to someone but there lines are always busy. He has also emailed and it said they will call him with in 5 business days but never do.

His cell phone bill has gone up 40$ because he is constentally calling them but cant get through...its a loose loose situation.

Any suggestions????

This happened to me bc I didnt fill out the paperwork correctly. When I first applied I didnt claim my weeks in the time period they requested. Also, I didnt fill out the questionaire about where I applied for jobs etc. This is the gov...you have to do every single detail in the right time frame to get the money. I knew ppl who were laid off the same time and got paid within a week or two. Tell him to continue claiming his weeks and then request an appeal if hes been denied. Also, they told me since unemployment was so high it was taking longer to process claims.

Hang in there. Just when I got a job they eventually paid me for my weeks. So it will work out...just keep contacting them and claiming weeks.

Archived