what do i do now?

my boyfriend of 17 months, well now techincally ex boyfriend (as of 6 days ago), did the "i want to be friends" bit when he broke up with me... ordnarily i would admire and respect his attempts to make things easier, knowing that he was genuinely trying to make me feel better about the break up. he is the kind of guy who makes an effort to be there for others.. the problem lies in the fact that we broke up because i loved him more than he loved me... he was more important to me than i was to him...

how do i go from loving him too much, to being friends? especially when i keep getting text messages like " i miss you" "I still have deep feelings for you" "im sorry ive done this to you, i hate myself for hurting you"...

where do i go from here?

im in the feeling pathetic, waiting for a message that says "ive made a huge mistake in breaking up with you" phase... and im not seeing a way out of it... i love him... i wish i could stop... and to make matters worse... everyone, even his family are saying things like "he is an idiot" "he is losing the best thing that has ever happened to him"... why cant he see it like that?

what do i do? wait for him to come back? try and move on, even tho i love him?

Hey djsh.

First up, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I too know how it is like to feel and know that you love someone more than they do. I admire your persistance coz at times it feels so bad when you feel like you get treated a bit like crap compared to how much you put into the relationship.

On a side note you can try these links by my moderator: The Morrigan - she's good.

link removed

link removed

Ok one thing I think you should stop is texting him these messages, if you wanna contact him, don't go to your relationship. This will slow down the process of you getting overhim and it will intense your pain. If his reasons are valid then it will hurt him too as he can feel guilty about how he feels for you now and that you still loveh im so much.

I'd recommend just leaving him outta your life for now, I know its hard, just about everything will remind you of him in a way but don't live in the past, you're not together anymore and the sonner you move onto the present, the better it'll be. There's still lotsa guys around and just because they won't b exactly like him shouldn't stop you from trying.

Hang in there...

Happy Heb