what a nickname for my girlfriend

Well, nicknames are fun... especially for a couple. I always liked calling my girlfriend, babe, or babie, sweetheart, most of those are pretty coming. Or, you could try *** (like a cat) (not a good choice to use around her parents), or pus pus, or maybe *** pus. If she's not a fan of any of these you need to be the creative boyfriend that you are and give her one.

If she doesn't like any of the names you have for her, maybe that's a good indication of what kinda of match you make. There are plenty of girlfriends who would love to be called *** by there boyfriends!

I think nicknames should come naturally. They usually come about when you've shared a moment with your partner (usually humorous) and you use the nickname to remind you of that moment or inside joke throughout the relationship. They can also be weird/odd sounds or misprounciations of words that the two of you like or joke around with. Just allow it to take shape, don't force it.

• 3 years later...

nicknames are def natural! the first time my ex called me by a different name was one of those moments i cant forget!

but theres nothing wrong with making one up too! we had nicknames of a different language... so really wont be of any use to u make it mean something for the two of u...

My BF called me "Schmoopie" and it all started when we were making fun of that Seinfeld episode... I still smile when I think about it. Then cry.

My point is, what MADE it special is that I'd never been anyone else's "Schmoopie" before and he'd never HAD a "Schmoopie" before. It just wouldn't have been the same with "Baby".

Good luck!