Is blushing so obvious to others?

irish-gal

:splat: I'm extremely shy and nervous and have always had a problem with blushing. I was teased in school a little about it but its getting worse and worse as i get older (IM 25). Even having a simple conversation with the shop keeper sets me off. My dad asked me something none what embarrassing the other day and i went purple. I don't get it. I'm not even embarrassed most of the time but it does happen most days. If i don't want to go red i need to drink alcohol to stop the self consciousness but i want to stop drinking for a while. Is there anything i can do. I just want to be confident and fun without all this. Its really affecting my life now.Does anybody have any ideas for getting rid of it or know what causes it.

The only advice I can give is to just not think about it. Let it happen and move on. I go red quite often when I meet someone new. In fact just yesterday I meet a woman for the first time in a very obvious first date/meeting type situation and I know I went red. Don't know how obvious it was, just ignored it and moved on.

I know that's not particularly encouraging advice... But it's most likely in your head. So... STOP IT.

Archived