She broke up with me, now I'm heartbroken.

There had been some problems starting back from the past few weeks or so, we were getting into arguments, but this past weekend, we had sex for the first time, and had a nice weekend. She knew how much i wanted to spend Valentine's Day with her, for the past few months, and she decided to go to work that day. That uspet me, so yesterday I told her she let me down, and i walked off from her. Then today, she told me "I dont think we should see each other anymore", and then after a little minor sparing, i walked off, went to a friend, and cried for 15 minutes. What makes thgis even worse is that this is a few days before Valentine's Day, and now i am going to be alone. She never really opened up to me, and later today I found out that she is goign through some very tought personal family problems. If I had of known this, I wouldnt have been as blunt with her yesterday. I know that this is for the best, nut I am going to face some tense times now until the end of the semester. I have a class with her, and we are in a couple of clubs, and sometimes go on extended trips. This is going to be soooo awkward, and I am scared of those prospects, and don't know what to do. All comments about this are much welcome.

I would also welcome some words and phrases of encouragemnt and inspiration right now.

in relationships... we always look back and say "i could have done this" or "if only.. that person did that" i guess the only thing i can tell you is... on your next relationship don't let the same mistakes happen. doesn't matter who's fault it is, a relationship takes two to make it work and takes two to break. (well sometimes)

it must be hard for you to sleep. i'm in a relationship myself, it's hard work... and breaking up would be the last thing anyone wants. yeah of course you'll have to face her at school... but you know, keep a smile on your face. i'm sure she'll realize that she'll want you back. if not, it's ok .. just do your best and good luck in life hope you feel better.