IN NEED OF SOME SERIOUS ADVICE..not sure about next move

shelly687

hey everyone..i'm new here but in need of some real advice...i started to go to these basketball games at this military school and the first time i ever saw this one player..i was instantly attracted to him...after about 4 games..i decided to go for it and talk to him..so i waited for him after the game and we had a nice little convo until his friends came out...so i told him i'd see him at the next game..a few days later i went to another game and waited again..this time exchanging phone numbers..etc..etc... that night when i went back to college i imed just to see wht was up but he was really busy..so i just didn't make a move for a week..last night i decided to call him, and we talked for a 1/2 hour about a lot of different stuff..i can tell he's REALLY shy just by the way he acts when i see him and talk to him on the phone...i'm gonna go to another game in like a week and a 1/2 ..my question is how do i know if he likes me?? should i make another move or wht should i do?? i'm pretty new to the whole pursuing deal so i just don't know wht to do at all..so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi shelly,

Welcome to enotalone.com,

With girls it's alot easier to tell with their body langauge but us guys it's quite difficult. I suppose you could look out for the way he looks at you, the way he stands and when he's on the phone to you how does he speak. If he's shy it's gonna be quite hard to tell. The next game you go to when you see him playing, why don't you wave at him see what sorta reaction you get from him. You don't know you might give him some sort of boost during the game, knowing someones concentrating on him and he might make the next move after the game.

Just play it slowly and see how it goes.

I wish all the best.

-[ kamui ]-

ok.update...i called him last monday and we talked for like a half hour which was cool..he seems shy.......but it wasn't like a one sided convo he definetely talked his share..the thing is..i' think i'm gonna call him tonight.. ya know just to check up see whts goin on..i don't think i'm losing anything by putting myself out there..the worst he could say is that he's not interested...wht do you think?

If you want to step it up a notch,

perhaps ask him to join you for a Coke or a coffee or lunch or something

during the day. Something light, short, easy and definitely not a "date".

(even though it is a date, but shhhh, he doesn't need to know that yet)

Eventually though, you could give him the opening for him to step up and ask you to something.

Perhaps, if you have a stereo or computer or something, maybe ask him to come over and help you set up something on them during the day.

I am a guy though, so my advice may be way off.

hey derek..thanks for the advice..only thing is we go to separate schools like an hour apart...so?? yea..i'll ask him if maybe he wants to go grab something to eat after the game but i have to do it over the phone cause i don't see him really other wise except for at the games..

ok now...i tried calling him last week but he didn't answer..tried a couple of times...like 4 hang ups on his answering machine now(oooops).. went to the game the next day..went with my gut though and didn't wait afterwards.just didn't feel right..throughout it we caught eachothers eyes once or twice...wht do you think i should do now..another game in a week and a half..call him and ask if he wants to maybe get together after a game??thanks in advance

Hi Shelly,

I appologies for not replying to your post i have been a bit pre-ocupied as of lately. Well i would suggest going to another game and then after the gane ask him if he's busy, if not does he fancy doing something just the two of you. I wouldn't suggest giving him a call, just go to the game and see how it goes from there im sure that gut feeling was you being a little nervous it's nothing to be worried at least he's keeping eye contact with you which is good.

Hope this has helped.

-[ kamui ]-