Boyfriend in Air Force

Hi,

I honestly think this is what military life is all about. If you are serious about him, imagine this feeling if you are married, or if he stays in the military, and you have kids. I think this is just part of it all. You have to make some big decisions about how you are going to proceed.

I would suggest visiting him while he is in the U.S. Take it one day at a time. Just one day at a time.

I knew plenty of military wives when I was in the Navy. Their best friends were usually other wives. They supported each other. You should really talk to, if possible, a military girlfriend or wife.

How about telling him you want this to work and you want help so you want him to ask his buddies to send you the e-mail of their girlfriends or wives so you can talk to them?

On the note of talking to a military wife or girlfriend, I'm a newbie, but still have a guy in the air force as well. I agree with the above post, you should take this one step at a time. Also, I suggest trying to find out as much info as you can about where he might be in Iraq. That way you can prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Unfortunately, the above poster is right. If you want to be with your b/f, you'll have to accept that this is a part of military life. Did you b/f sign up for like 4 years active, 4 year inactive, or does he plan to make a career of this? If he isn't planning to make a career of it, hold hope in the fact that one day he won't be in the military anymore.

I'm here if you need to talk. In fact, I would love to talk to you. I think we could both use the support.

Thanx for the help you guys. He signed up for 4years active, 4years inactive. I plan to visit him as much as possible. He is coming home this moday for a week then going to Louisiana. His mom wants to drive him down, and take me. Also, she is visiting him this summer, and wants me to go then as well. I know this is how the military works, but this isn't what we had planned. He was going to stay in Louisiana until I gradutate, then request to be transfered back to Califorinia until I get out of college. Neither of us expeceted him to go overseas! He isn't even the one who told me, his mom let it slip. I know he's waiting until he comes home to tell me in person....but, he means so much to me, I really can't stand the thought of losing him. My yahoo ID is geckogirl692, and my AOL ID is livia_eve25. IM me please!