Mixing Friends

stranded247

I am the only girl in a gang of friends which consists of about 7 boys. They are my closest friends. I guess I get on with boys a lot more than I do with girls. But recently I've become close to this really nice and interesting girl who I adore so I decided I'd mix my friends, so I have introduced her into the gang. The thing is I did this because I sort of felt it was selfish of me to keep all these guys to myself and my friend doesn't really have any male friends. She's a really pretty and sweet girl but I've only introduced her to my friends twice and all of a sudden she's having two hour long phone conversations with some of them and shes really keen to hang out with us alltogether every weekend. This is great I guess but I guess part of me feels like she'll become closer to them than I am and I'll get pushed out or that they'll like her more than they like me or the guy I like in the group will fancy her. I know these are my own insecurities speaking and its all BS to an extent. But what makes me feel anxcious is how keen she is to be best friends with them so fast, why not be friends gradually? its more natural right? And I just feel like I'm having to arrange gatherings every weekend now and then she invites other girls without asking me first. I dont want the gang to change too much, I love the simple dynamics of my group and I dont want too many girls in the gang because I dont get on with girls that well. Ehh why do I feel uncomfortable? Its just me right? Am I being possesive?

I think you are having trouble getting used to the new dynamics of a relationship with your friends. As you grow older they change greatly, and especially at your age. You can't really police who hangs with who, even if it bothers you. I had a friend last year who I stopped talking to; he seemed to get jealous that I'd call his neighbor, who I am really good friends with now, to make music. It made him look like a bit of a weirdo.

I think you are having trouble getting used to the new dynamics of a relationship with your friends. As you grow older they change greatly, and especially at your age. You can't really police who hangs with who, even if it bothers you. I had a friend last year who I stopped talking to; he seemed to get jealous that I'd call his neighbor, who I am really good friends with now, to make music. It made him look like a bit of a weirdo.

yeah I think its the change that frightens me most, I like things how they are. But then again having more girls in the group makes things more interesting and of all friends to introduce this one friend of mine is a "dime" as the saying goes. I should really just get over it, when she came out with us I still enjoyed myself and still got the same amount of attention I always do and I am still as good friends with all of them as I was before. No harm done.

Well, just remember you are not in competition with her. Unless you two are crushing on the same gent. If its platonic, all is well.

Yeah I'm not but she did tell me that she thought the guy I liked was the most good looking guy of all my friends but I don't think she would ever try anything when she knows I like him so should be fine.

Archived