Changing major...opinions and suggestions

I am changing my major from General management to Sales/Marketing Management. I am also looking for a minor to take but i am not sure which one i should take...i am trying to decide from these two minors. Minor in Public Relations, or a minor in Accounting and Finance.

Im wondering which goes better which Sales/Marketing/management.

Also im planning on doing internship soon, either in the spring semester or during the summer...advice given would be very helpful..

thankyou all

I don't think ones better than the other, it depends what you plan to do with your degree. I used to be a management operations major but I left that all together. I think it would be best to talk to your professors and your advisor, tell them what you want/plan to do, and see what your best option would be.

Just my opinion, but at my school marketing was the least "marketable" emphasis in our Business school. You didn't really learn anything solid to take into a job, except Porter's Five Forces or whatever they were.

If I were you, I would pony up on some serious finance classes. International finance, investments, corporate finance, so that you have a more solid foundation of actually things you can use.

Have you started most of your upper divisions yet? If not, I would say switch to a more technical major and minor in marketing.

depends on what you like. i am sort of attracted to money a bit too much. so if i were to pick, i would say go with finance. although, the financial industry is a bit down right now, by the time you graduate, it should pick back up. accounting can get a little boring since you are doing taxes, auditing and similar stuff. but if that floats your boat, that is not a bad option either.

my choice in order of priority would be:

Finance

Accounting

Archived