Just finished an on and off relationship... I'm not hurt though?

lv22irl

For the past 7 months i've been in a very on and off relationship. Neither of us really knew whether we were coming or going.

We finally got back together for "real" a couple of weeks ago and it lasted a week. We both love each other, she is adamant she wants to remain friends and has been crying about it even though it was her decision.

I for the first time since the relationship started feel like I want to start dating other people, instead of trying to get back together with her.

I just feel badly that I don't feel worse about this, she is balling about this and I seem to be perfectly ok. She is still my best friend.

Maybe it's because the relationship cried wolf so many times before that it lost the effect?

You're probably just emotionally/mentally exhausted by this point. I've felt this before with an ex. Eventually I just cried so many tears that is seemed like my eyes just went dry. It's not necessarily a bad thing, as it's a pretty good indication that even if you really do love and care about the person, a relationship just isn't a feasible. It's dangerous to stay in relationships like this--it's not a stable relationship, and it'll only eat away at you until nothing's left.

Archived