Appetite not catching up to change in lifestyle

Alright, this is starting to get ridiculous. I've never been a big eater, usually I have 2 meals a day and that holds me just fine. I've never been a big guy, 5' 7" always around 155.

But now I started really exercising, training for a marathon. So I've been running roughly 20 miles a week for the last month. But, I still don't get hungry!! Seriously, I have no appetite at all anymore. I've been going on 2 day stretches without eating anything!!

I miss food. I want food, but it's like if I have to force myself to eat, I just feel like I can't do it. But now it's starting to be a problem. I weighed myself yesterday, and I'm down to 141!! I've lost 15 pounds in close to 3 weeks. That can't be healthy, but I have no idea what to do about it or how to get more hungry.

Anyone with ideas?

I know how you feel. I'm a tiny girl, always have been the most ive ever weighed is 115. Now i'm barely 100. Sometime at the beginning of last year, I somehow dropped 10 lbs (which is not good, i already only weighed 110. and i'm 5'2) I did lose my appetite ( I used to eat like a pig, like, eat constantly), but I did still eat. And now, I can eat and eat and eat and not gain any of the weight back. It is REALLY getting to me. Thats all I ever do is eat really. I know how frustrating it is. I'm also a vegetarian. Have been since I was 15 (almost 24 now.) I would honestly LOVE to gain at least 15, if not 20 lbs. I just, dont know how. It is not just as simple as just eating, obviously. Because if it was, i'd have gained all that weight back.

Archived