can u be just friends with someone you're attracted to?

caliboy

Is this possible? Even if you're already in a realtionship, but would never cheat?

If you are sexually attracted to a girl then you should try to form a romantic relationship with her, and if you can't then don't talk to her unless you lose the attraction for her first.

If you remain a friend to a person you are sexually interested in and they arn't interested in you sexually then you are only justifying the way they view you in their own minds.

No, I don't think so. It depends on if you're a guy or girl I guess...

My ex told me that you can't be friends with someone who you find physically attracted to b/c they'll always be some kind of feeling there. But, he's really conservative, that's what I liked about him.

Honestly, I can be friends with a guy whom I friend attractive, but I think that my ex is right a sense that I can't be close friends with him, b/c I think that I'll always have feelings for him, and it would be like emotional infidelity.

Really, if two people are taken, but are attracted to each other, you don't think that they'll be some kind of flirting going on? Especially if they were to be secluded somewhere? One thing will lead to another, and then the situation just gets all messy.

Hey Caliboy,

I disagree. I believe that it is possible to be friends with someone you are attracted to while you are in a relationship.

There would have to be trust from both sides to know that neither would act on the feelings while the other was in a relationship.

A true friend would not try to get you to act on the feelings because a true friend wouldn't want you to cheat.

Wishing the best,

Justagirl