I'm madly in love, and I'm going to do something about it.

Alright, as with so many others I'm madly in love with my best friend.

She's an unbelievably beautiful person and I could go for hours describing every last detail (but could I cease doing so?). I'll spare you the laborious details.

I've finally decided I'm going to take the dive and infrom her of my thoughts, feelings, emotions et al. Of course I'm still absolutely shy and a chicken (many would find this hard to believe, but it's true). For the longest time I've been convincing myself that it's not the right time to do such things. Yet will the 'proper' time ever come? Moreover, is this just a defense for my procasticating ways? thereforeeee, I'm just going to jump straight into this with no regard for my own short comings. Of course, I'm still taking my time but come hell or high water I'm going to do this.

Well wish me luck, you're collective insights on this forum have been of great service.

Best of luck to you, and congrats on doing it! You're absolutely right, there's NO "good" time to tell someone how you feel, it's basically jumping in with both feet and hoping you don't bellyflop. I WOULD suggest, however, that you sort of "feel her out" as far as how she feels about you first.....obviously she loves you as a friend, but possibly kid around and make a joke about her being the only girl you have eyes for first or something, just to see how she reacts. That way, you're not completely in the dark when you make your "proposal", such as it is, and have a better sense of how she'll react! Good luck, I hope she's all for it!

Mar